• Four new countries/territories/areas from the South-East Asia Region , and
Region of the Americas  have reported cases of COVID-19.
• WHO has delivered a new shipment of emergency medical supplies to the
Islamic Republic of Iran as part of COVID-19 response measures. Details can
be found on the WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean here.
• The WHO WhatsApp Health Alert has now attracted 10 million users since
launching Friday, and the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund has raised more
than US$70 million, in just 10 days. The media briefing can be found here.
• WHO and FIFA launched a joint campaign to equip the football community to
tackle COVID-19. This awareness campaign calls on all people around the
world to follow the five key steps to stop the spread of the disease. More
information can be found here.
• WHO and its partners are constantly working to strengthen the chains of
essential COVID-19 supplies. As global demand rises, WHO and its partners
aim to ensure assistance to areas most in need. More information can be
found in Subject in Focus.
SITUATION IN NUMBERS
total (new) cases in last 24 hours
372 757 confirmed (39 827)
16 231 deaths (1722)
Western Pacific Region
96 580 confirmed (943)
3502 deaths (29)
195 511 confirmed (24 087)
10 189 deaths (1447)
South-East Asia Region
1990 confirmed (214)
65 deaths (7)
Eastern Mediterranean Region
27 215 confirmed (1840)
1877 deaths (136)
Region of the Americas
49 444 confirmed (12 428)
565 deaths (100)
1305 confirmed (315)
26 deaths (3)
WHO RISK ASSESSMENT
Global Level Very High
[Source] Who.int. (2020). [online] Available at: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200324-sitrep-64-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=703b2c40_2 [Accessed 24 Mar. 2020].